Your health should be the top priority, and you should not take it lightly. It is even possible while you are working in Singapore to get a pre employment medical check up. Treat your health as how you treat your dreams–with love, care and importance!
Determining the quantity of cholesterol and triglycerides in your blood is possible by a full cholesterol test, also known as a lipid panel or lipid profile. Get to learn more about cholesterol in a blood test in this discussion.
1. Checks for any key risk factors for coronary artery disease.
Coronary artery disease is the result of high cholesterol levels. Performing total cholesterol in a blood test is essential to find out if your cholesterol is increased and assess your risk of heart attacks, various types of heart disease, and blood vessel problems.
2. If your initial cholesterol in blood test findings are abnormal or you currently have coronary artery disease, more regular testing may be required.
Remember that you may be taking cholesterol-lowering medicine or that you may be more susceptible to coronary artery disease because of one of the following factors:
- If you have a history of heart attacks or high cholesterol in your family.
- A weight problem.
- Are not active physically.
- Possess diabetes.
- Consume a poor diet.
- Puffs or consumes a cigarette.
3. Performing cholesterol in a blood test is typically in the morning, which is why you need to fast before.
It’s vital to note that before the needle insertion, a medical expert wraps an elastic band around your upper arm and treats the puncture site with an antiseptic.
They collect a tiny amount of your blood into a vial or syringe after placing the needle. Blood continues to flow into the vial while removing the band, allowing proper circulation. Most likely, the process will take a few minutes.
4. After taking your cholesterol in a blood test, there are no precautions you need to take.
You ought to be able to go about your regular activities and drive yourself home. You might want to bring a snack to eat after your cholesterol test if you’ve been fasting!
Remember that your health is important! To remind you, a cholesterol test is essential when getting an IVF in Singapore.
Contact Sunway Medical Centre to take cholesterol in a blood test and get complete results! Be mindful of your health, and visit a medical centre now!